Key risks Involved in the dual currency investment product
- Cryptocurrency Exchange Risk: If the investment currency or the linked currency is not your base currency, and you choose to convert the investment proceeds back to your base currency at maturity, your returns could be affected negatively or positively due to exchange fluctuations. If you have to exchange from other currencies into the investment currency for the purpose of wealth management, there is also foreign exchange risk in this as well.
- Return and Principal Risk: You must recognize the possibility of loss caused by exchange rate fluctuation. Such loss may offset the investment return earned on the investment and may even result in losses in the principal amount of the investment.
- No Early Redemption Risk: You are not allowed to redeem all or part of the dual currency investment prior to maturity. Please ensure you have made adequate provision for emergency cash needs.
- Counter-party Risk: Your deposits are subject to the credit risk of Tennet Technologies Inc. and its 3rd party product providers, namely Amber Technologies Limited and Matrix Finance and Technologies Holding Company.
- Not Insured: A dual currency investment is not an insured deposit for the purposes of the Malaysia Deposit Insurance Corporation Act 2011.